Please scroll to the bottom of this page to register for available sessions. if no sessions are listed below please contact our office for information:
Pam Evans, Training Coordinator
Phone: 709.576.7233 ext 200
NOTE: If you wish to purchase training through a
purchase order please contact Pam Evans (see contact informtion above).
Course Description: Canada Labour Code Part II - Occupational Health & Safety.
Introduction to the Canada Labour Code Part II and the Maritime Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. The purpose of this course is to provide information about the Code as a proactive tool for reducing workplace accidents and occupational illnesses,
and to identify the sections of the Code that deal with the role of the participants in monitoring compliance.
Course Duration: 1/2 day
- Workplace statistics
- Purpose of Canada Labour Code Part II
- Canada Labour Code jurisdiction
- Employer duties
- Duties of employee
- Internal complaints resolution
- Employee rights
- Transport Canada safety officer authority and powers
- Duties of safety committee or representative
- Enforcement and penalties
- Internal responsibility system
- Workplace parties
- Due diligence in the workplace
- Maritime occupational health and safety regulations
Please call for group rate.
Select from the sessions below to register.